By Lorenzo Fioramonti,Chukwudi David Anyanwu,Mercedes Botto,Alan Collins,Antonio Fiori,Andréas Godsäter,Okechukwu C. Iheduru,Sunhyuk Kim,Helen E.S. Nesadurai,Marco Pinfari,Jan Aart Scholte,Andy Storey
Read or Download Civil Society and World Regions: How Citizens Are Reshaping Regional Governance in Times of Crisis PDF
Best civil rights & liberties books
Globally, ladies are oppressed and this booklet introduces the viewpoint of African girls and particularly that of Nigerian girls. This ebook seems to be on the significant issues that force the women's empowerment courses in Nigeria. Feminists in Nigeria are formed by way of the associations, values, ideologies, and because the Seventies, the UN and its corporations have additional a global measurement.
This publication examines the function of monetary violence (violations of monetary and social rights, corruption, and plunder of traditional assets) in the transitional justice time table. simply because financial violence usually ends up in clash, is perpetrated in the course of clash, and continues afterwards as a legacy of clash, a better concentrate on monetary and social rights concerns in the transitional justice context is necessary.
Fact, Denial and Transition: Northern eire and the Contested prior makes a special and well timed contribution to the transitional justice box. not like the focal point on fact and people societies the place fact restoration has been crucial to facing the aftermath of human rights violations, relatively little scholarly cognizance has been paid to these jurisdictions whose transition from violent clash has been marked via the absence or rejection of a proper fact procedure.
In November 2001, the kingdom of Alabama opened a referendum on its long-standing constitutional prohibition opposed to interracial marriage. A invoice at the country poll provided the chance to relegate the state's antimiscegenation legislation to the dustbin of historical past. The degree handed, however the margin was once alarmingly narrow: greater than part one million electorate, forty percentage of these who went to the polls, voted to continue a racist and constitutionally untenable legislation.
- Gateway to Equality: Black Women and the Struggle for Economic Justice in St. Louis (Civil Rights and the Struggle for Black Equality in the Twentieth Century)
- The Reagan Presidency and the Politics of Race: In Pursuit of Colorblind Justice and Limited Government (Journal for the Study of the)
- Emotions in Politics: The Affect Dimension in Political Tension (Palgrave Studies in Political Psychology)
- Reproductive Freedom, Torture and International Human Rights: Challenging the Masculinisation of Torture (Routledge Research in Human Rights Law)
- Political Campaigns in the United States
- Citizenship and Democracy in an Era of Crisis: Essays in honour of Jan W. van Deth (Routledge Research in Comparative Politics)
Additional resources for Civil Society and World Regions: How Citizens Are Reshaping Regional Governance in Times of Crisis
Civil Society and World Regions: How Citizens Are Reshaping Regional Governance in Times of Crisis by Lorenzo Fioramonti,Chukwudi David Anyanwu,Mercedes Botto,Alan Collins,Antonio Fiori,Andréas Godsäter,Okechukwu C. Iheduru,Sunhyuk Kim,Helen E.S. Nesadurai,Marco Pinfari,Jan Aart Scholte,Andy Storey