By C. Buck
Read Online or Download Conceiving Strangeness in British First World War Writing PDF
Best british & irish contemporary literature books
This ebook reappraises the paintings of early-seventeenth-century creditors of English Renaissance poetry in manuscript. The verse miscellanies, or poetry anthologies, of those creditors have lengthy attracted the eye of literary editors trying to find texts by way of person, significant authors, and so they have extra lately historians for his or her poems on political views, known as verse libels.
This booklet makes use of the uniquely located tradition of East African Asians to mirror upon the main vexing concerns in postcolonial literary reports this present day. by means of analyzing the neighborhood histories and discourses that underpin East African Asian literature, it opens up and displays upon problems with alienation, modernity, migration, diaspora, reminiscence and nationalism.
Guided by means of the historic semantics built in Raymond Williams' pioneering examine of cultural vocabulary, Modernism: key words offers a chain of brief entries on phrases used with frequency and urgency in “written modernism,” monitoring cultural and literary debates and transformative moments of switch.
Jane Austen and the country of the kingdom explores Jane Austen's references to politics and to political economics and concludes that Austen used to be a liberal Tory who remained constant in her political schedule all through her profession as a novelist. learn with this ancient historical past, Austen's books end up state-of-the-nation or political novels.
- Virtuous Necessity: Conduct Literature and the Making of the Virtuous Woman in Early Modern England
- English Clandestine Satire, 1660-1702
- Unbounded Attachment: Sentiment and Politics in the Age of the French Revolution
- Emissaries in Early Modern Literature and Culture: Mediation, Transmission, Traffic, 1550–1700 (Transculturalisms, 1400–1700)
- Popular Medicine, Hysterical Disease, and Social Controversy in Shakespeare's England (Literary and Scientific Cultures of Early Modernity)
- Affect Theory and Early Modern Texts: Politics, Ecologies, and Form (Palgrave Studies in Affect Theory and Literary Criticism)
Additional info for Conceiving Strangeness in British First World War Writing
Conceiving Strangeness in British First World War Writing by C. Buck