By Claire Valier
· Teletechnologies, punishment and new collectivities
· The cultural politics of sufferers rights
· Discourses on foreigners, crime and diaspora
· Terror, the loss of life penalty and the spectacle of violence.
Crime and Punishment in modern Culture makes a well timed and demanding contribution to discuss at the chances of justice within the media age.
Read Online or Download Crime and Punishment in Contemporary Culture (International Library of Sociology) PDF
Similar criminal law books
Insider Dealing: legislations and perform is the 1st paintings to supply a close therapy of the swiftly constructing legislations and perform with regards to the complicated sector of insider dealing. when you consider that R v McQuoid and Melbourne, and R v Uberoi, there was a gradual bring up within the quantity and severity of insider dealing prosecutions and civil industry abuse lawsuits.
Bias, prejudice, and corruption riddle the heritage folks jurisprudence. Policing American Indians: a distinct bankruptcy in American Jurisprudence explores those injustices, particularly the therapy of yankee Indians. a mixture of educational learn in addition to box event, this ebook attracts on writer Laurence French’s greater than forty years of expertise with American Indian participants and teams.
The drug regulate regime verified by way of the overseas group has now not succeeded in curtailing both the call for for, or the supply of, narcotics. yet, regardless of a sequence of advancements within the Americas – together with the legalisation of hashish in Uruguay and in numerous states within the country – there's nonetheless little help in Europe for repealing drug-prohibition legislation.
Ultimate Judgments: The loss of life Penalty in American legislation and tradition explores the importance and that means of finality in capital instances. Questions addressed during this ebook comprise: how are issues approximately finality mirrored within the motivations and behaviour of individuals within the demise penalty approach? How does an understanding of finality form the event of the demise penalty for these condemned to die in addition to for capital punishment's public viewers?
- Kriminalitätsbekämpfung - ein Blick in die Zukunft (Schriftenreihe der DGfK e.V. 5) (German Edition)
- Curso de Direito Penal - Parte Geral Vol. I (Coleção Rogério Greco) (Portuguese Edition)
- Collaborative Policing: Police, Academics, Professionals, and Communities Working Together for Education, Training, and Program Implementation (Advances in Police Theory and Practice)
- Fact-Finding Without Facts
- EU Criminal Justice and the Challenges of Diversity: Legal Cultures in the Area of Freedom, Security and Justice
- Preventing Shoplifting Without Being Sued: Practical Advice for Retail Executives
Extra resources for Crime and Punishment in Contemporary Culture (International Library of Sociology)
Crime and Punishment in Contemporary Culture (International Library of Sociology) by Claire Valier