By J. King
Read or Download David Ricardo (Great Thinkers in Economics) PDF
Best uk history books
We're consistently informed that New Labour types an ancient departure from the traditions of the Labour occasion. This publication, written via a exceptional choice of lecturers and commentators, presents the main unique comparability but of previous and new Labour in energy. it's also the 1st to supply a complete research of the final Labour govt earlier than the increase of Thatcher and the re-emergence of the Labour get together below Tony Blair's management.
This is often the 1st critical research of the strive against power of the British military within the moment global warfare. It sweeps away the parable that the military suffered from bad morale, and that it in basic terms gained its battles thorugh using 'brute strength' and by means of reverting to the strategies of the 1st international conflict. David French analyses where of the military in British method within the interwar interval and through the second one global struggle.
“[Fanis] demonstrates a powerful skill to trip nimbly among summary theoretical strategies and a messy fact. In each of the case learn chapters, her research is wealthy, considerate, and ingenious. ”—Ido Oren, college of FloridaCombining insights from cultural reviews, gender experiences, and social background, Maria Fanis indicates the serious significance of nationwide identification in judgements approximately conflict and peace.
What does it suggest to listen to scientifically? What does it suggest to determine musically? This quantity uncovers a brand new facet to the lengthy 19th century in London, a hidden heritage during which virtuosic musical leisure and clinical discovery intersected in striking methods. Sound wisdom examines how medical fact used to be accumulated via visible and aural adventure, and, in flip, how musical wisdom used to be positioned when it comes to empirical clinical perform.
- Nineteenth-Century Female Poisoners: Three English Women Who Used Arsenic to Kill
- Daily Life in 18th-Century England, 2nd Edition (The Greenwood Press Daily Life Through History Series)
- Law, Politics and Society in Early Modern England
- Confronting the Climate: British Airs and the Making of Environmental Medicine (Palgrave Studies in the History of Science and Technology)
- The Englishwoman's Review of Social and Industrial Questions: 1894: Volume 27 (Routledge Library Editions: The Englishwoman's Review of Social and Industrial Questions)
- 'The Contending Kingdoms': France and England 1420–1700
Extra resources for David Ricardo (Great Thinkers in Economics)
David Ricardo (Great Thinkers in Economics) by J. King