By Cal Heusser
Juneau Icefield examine undertaking (1949-1958) is represented by way of 15 chapters, prepared in 4 elements: heritage of the venture, Early Years of the venture (1949-1952, Later Years of the undertaking (1953-1958), and Summation and Epilogue. After describing the Project's historical past, Chapters three via 12 conceal year-by-year actions, group of workers, logistics, and examine of the Taku and Lemon Creek Glaciers. those chapters incorporated day by day magazine entries that symbolize a checklist of the casual itineraries protecting the process the research. Chapters thirteen and 14 summarize glaciological findings on Taku Glacier and the prestige of hydrological budgets on Lemon Creek Glacier during the foreign Geophysical 12 months (1957-19658). the ultimate bankruptcy of the textual content is an outline of paleoecological paintings by means of the undertaking in North Pacific the USA introduced into the context of recent examine with the popularity of glacier-climate cycles.
* files the research Juneau Icefield study venture on a year-by-year account overlaying actions, body of workers, logistics and learn
* Discusses the version constructed from the JIRP and explains its significance in predicting destiny weather changes
* offers the data with day by day magazine entries, making the textual content appealing and simple to read
Read Online or Download Juneau Icefield Research Project (1949-1958) (Developments in Quaternary Science) PDF
Best environmental science books
Weather switch has formed lifestyles some time past and should proceed to take action sooner or later. figuring out the interactions among weather and biodiversity is a fancy problem to technological know-how. With contributions from 60 key researchers, this e-book examines the continued influence of weather switch at the ecology and variety of lifestyles on the earth.
Illuminating possibilities to advance a extra built-in method of municipal water approach layout, normal and Engineered strategies for consuming Water offers: classes from the Northeastern usa and instructions for international Watershed administration explores severe elements within the decision-making procedures for municipal water procedure supply.
The forested land within the usa is an asset that's owned and controlled not just through federal, country, and native governments, but in addition through households and different inner most teams, together with trees funding administration corporations and actual property funding trusts. The greater than 10 million kin forestland proprietors deal with the biggest percent of forestland acreage (35 percentage) and nearly all of the privately owned forestland (62 percent).
Der vorliegende Verbreitungsatlas zeigt erstmals die Verbreitung aller in Deutschland vorkommenden Laufkäferarten in 567 Artkarten auf Rasterfeld-Basis. Für jede artwork werden zudem die Anzahl besetzter Rasterfelder und die Rasterfrequenz über alle Zeitphasen sowie für den Zeitraum nach 1980 angegeben.
- An Introduction to the Global Circulation of the Atmosphere
- Geotechnical Predictions and Practice in Dealing with Geohazards (Geotechnical, Geological and Earthquake Engineering)
- Instrument Development for Atmospheric Research and Monitoring: Lidar Profiling, DOAS and Tunable Diode Laser Spectroscopy (Transport and Chemical Transformation of Pollutants in the Troposphere)
- Advanced Numerical Modeling and Data Assimilation Techniques for Tropical Cyclone Predictions
- The Routledge Handbook of Tourism and Sustainability
- Airborne Measurements for Environmental Research: Methods and Instruments (Wiley Series in Atmospheric Physics and Remote Sensing)
Additional resources for Juneau Icefield Research Project (1949-1958) (Developments in Quaternary Science)
Juneau Icefield Research Project (1949-1958) (Developments in Quaternary Science) by Cal Heusser